Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Some Random for Your Wednesday

Cubby came down with a cold yesterday. Literally came down, as in came down the stairs in the morning hacking and complaining of a headache. He proclaimed it, "The worst cold ever in the world."

He may not know the meaning of the word "hyperbole," but he sure is an ardent practitioner of it.

He was so subdued yesterday that he refused to go outside, even though it was 56 degrees and sunny. Bummer. Charlie and I really wanted to be outside in that glorious taste of real spring weather, especially since our forecast was calling for twenty degrees colder today and a foot of snow.

It is currently dumping snow as I write this, and has been since nine o'clock this morning, when the rain turned into sleet, which turned into gloppy snow, which turned into just snow. It's not supposed to stop until late tonight. Ah, spring in upstate New York. So delightfully schizophrenic.

I'm still working my way through my newest DVD of pain, and I am forced to accept the fact that I just plain suck at lunges. In pretty much any form. Every time I'm supposed to be doing jumping lunges or alternating lunges or side lunges or whatever the hell else that apparently requires more coordination than I have, I just give up and do static lunges. In my defense, the lunges are always combined with some kind of weight lifting arm exercise, and it's apparently more than my feeble brain can handle to make all those movements happen correctly at the same time.

Speaking of which, I am now due for my daily failure at lunges, so off I go to don my gross workout clothes and enjoy my time off from the children. Have a lovely Wednesday.

2 comments:

tu mere said...

Glad to hear you've got exercise time to yourself again. Wouldn't want you to miss even a day of fun.

Sister’s Sailor said...

Maybe when your sister comes up she can introduce you to what I call "Satan's gift to humanity", aka burpees....