Saturday, March 1, 2014

One Day Down

March first: In like a lion. It was sixteen degrees with clouds and forecasted snow today when I got up at six this morning. What a super day to begin my next thirty days of misery!

Yes, this morning was my very first viewing of--and, of course, following along with--Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30.

That's such an embarrassing title. But it is indicative of the tone of this DVD, which is, well, SUPER ANNOYING. I don't know why Ms. Michaels felt the need to channel some kind of quasi-boot camp instructor for this one, but it is really not an appealing presentation. It's a much different personality she's presenting when compared to the 30-Day Shred DVD. Very, very irritating.

But her annoying semi-belligerent/semi-attempted-motivational banter aside, the exercises are good. AND, in the beginning speech, she actually says she recommends doing this workout only five or six days a week.

It's like a dispensation from God! I get a day of rest! If, um, Jillian Michaels were God, that is. And if she were--and if I may continue what is admittedly a weak comparison here--then this DVD is like the Old Testament. I liked the New Testament 30-Day Shred a lot better.

Or something. I think I'd better stop now. Peace out.

1 comment:

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

Good on ya' for trying something different and challenging!
I have often used videos and YouTube for things like Yoga and love working out at home. Beats the hell out of the smelly gym. And yes. The gym smells.
That said, Ms. Michaels has always impressed me as someone who is so lazer beam intense that I have difficulty watching her, because I want to give her a Xanax and a soothing bath to take a bit of that edge off....
But she IS cut.
And soon, so shall you be!