Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Monster I've Created

The other morning both Cubby and Charlie unfortunately stumbled downstairs at 5:45 a.m. I myself had just come downstairs and none of us were at our most chipper. Cubby, as is his habit, immediately requested breakfast. I couldn't face turning on the stove and cooking eggs yet, so I spread some peanut butter on rice cakes for them, poured them some milk, and braced myself on the counter to blearily drink my coffee.

Cubby ran to the table, took a look at my breakfast offering, and said, "That's not breakfast. It's not breakfast unless you cook something."

You heard it from the little emperor first: Unless it's a hot breakfast, it's no breakfast at all.*

* I must admit that I agree and a breakfast of a banana and peanut butter or cold cereal or something is not the way I prefer to start my day. But at least I cook my OWN breakfast instead of demanding labor from others first thing in the morning, CUBBY.

1 comment:

Roger A. Post said...

That Cubby is one smart character, and I must say that I agree with his breakfast definition!