Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Send the Geek Squad

A. went into the Small City yesterday, so I asked him if he could pick up a new computer mouse for me while he was there. He did. He also bought me a new laptop.

Well, if that doesn't deserve a heartfelt YAY!, I don't know what does.

It wasn't completely out of the blue. I was supposed to get a new computer for my birthday this year, but then we had to be all adult and stuff and wait to see what our tax hit was going to be this year before spending any large amounts of money and MAN, being an adult is such a DRAG.

But never mind that! Because I have a new computer! A computer that does not have a broken disk drive or a huge, awkward monitor and will (presumably) not take five tries to connect to the wireless network.

WHEEE!!!

It's so exciting, and yet I am a little anxious about my fun new toy. I am not good with machines. The thought of uploading software and figuring out what programs I need and how to connect to the wireless network fills me with trepidation. I mean, I can certainly do it, and have a few times in the past, but it is not something I enjoy.

What I DO enjoy, however, is having a fully functioning computer, so today I will overcome my weaknesses and make that laptop mine.

(How's that for an overly dramatic conclusion? I thought it was pretty good, myself.)


10 comments:

Phoo-D said...

Hooray! Now you can take the laptop wherever you want around the house. How nice will that be?!

Sara said...

Ooh, what kind did you get? I finally bought a new laptop after talking about it for over a year. A girl can only deal with waiting for the next crash for so long!

FinnyKnits said...

FANTASTIC! Definitely gets a YAY! over here. We're computer lovers, you know.

And a laptop with wireless will let you drag that bad boy around wherever you want.

Just set that wireless to automatically connect and you won't have to do more than turn on the machine to get online :)

Congrats! And happy belated birthday.

You're right though, sometimes being a grown up in a bummer. Though, you can eat candy just whenever you want, so there's that.

Ann said...

I recently had to get a new laptop myself. I am also not quite exactly what your might call technically inclined. That's why I have the husband, otherwise known as the Chief Technical Officer. Anyway, the set up was easier than I expected. Most of it I did myself. And IT WAS SO WORTH IT! You're going to love your new baby. Oh, yeah!

Daisy said...

You can also keep an eye on Cubby and blog at the same time. Multitasking -- what a concept!

Anonymous said...

"May the Force be with you"! LA&A Railroad

homegrown countrygirl said...

Wooo-Hoooo!!!!

Alicia said...

YAY!

New stuff day is always pretty awesome. I've had my laptop for almost two years...I still love every second of it!

You can use your new laptop to look up very smart-sounding intellectual articles that don't atrophy your brain.

rls said...

Yay! That A. He's a keeper.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Sara: It's an Acer. I have no experience with this brand personally, but A. used one at his last job and, well, we could afford it. So there is that.