Monday, February 21, 2011

Off Kilter

I'm feeling very off today. Two things happened this morning*: First, the MiL informed me that we were out of heating oil. Oh. That's why Cubby's room felt chilly last night.

We were scheduled for a delivery this week anyway, so I called the heating oil people first thing and told them it would be really great if our delivery could happen today so that our baby didn't die in his bed from hypothermia.

Okay, I didn't actually say that, but I bet that would have been effective, don't you?

ANYWAY.

Not having an operating furnace is not a complete disaster for us, as most of the heat in our living areas comes from the woodstove. But the furnace does provide a little boost to that heat and keeps the living room at a fairly comfortable temperature. The furnace also adds to the heat of the space heater in Cubby's room, which meant his room was a little cooler than he likes. We got an oil delivery a couple of hours ago, so we're all good now, but it was a little chilly for awhile there.

Second, I broke my computer mouse this morning. I was cleaning the inside of it--as I have to do occasionally or it will cease rolling merrily around and will instead get all stiff and sticking and extraordinarily irritating--and I broke off a little plastic piece on the inside. Yay.

The result of this is that I couldn't get online today until A. took a break from work and I could use his office computer. Which is now, as he eats his lunch.

And now I must get offline so that A. can resume his work and we can pay the excessively large heating oil bill delivered unto us this morning along with a functioning furnace.

Happy Monday!

* Okay, LOTS of things happened this morning. Things like eating oatmeal and letting dogs out and watering sheep and . . . well. You understand. Many things happened, only two are on topic.

1 comment:

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Time for a laser mouse.


Word verification: yodipija -- Little green guy in a Bollywood remake of Star Wars.