Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween! Go Make Some Fries

I realize that it's pretty much obligatory for me to post a photo of Cubby in a costume. I think my title of Mother might be taken away if I didn't.

However.

I haven't put his costume on yet, so I haven't had a chance to take a photo. Some family members will be coming over for lunch later, so when his doting aunt and uncle and great-grandmother are here to fawn over him, THEN I'll put the costume on. Until then, however, he's just in his little sweater and pants, which are cute, but nothing to the adorableness to come.

I won't tell you what that adorableness will be, because I like to keep you in suspense. I will give you a hint, though: He'll be dressed as something terribly appropriate for life at Blackrock. Check back later and I'll have a photo up of Cubby in the Mystery Costume of Cuteness.

But in the meantime, let's talk about french fries! Because I made some last night with this year's crop. And hot DAMN are those buggers good eatin'. You should make them. Just follow my oh-so-explicit and professional directions. And, if possible, you should serve them with T-bone steaks from your uncle-in-law's free-range Black Angus cows. I guarantee that will make for a very happy Halloween indeed. Or a happy Tuesday. Or a happy Friday night. Or whatever. French fries and steak make happiness whenever they appear.

I think I might have that printed on a bumper sticker.

2 comments:

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

I'm guessing he'll be a lamb.

Wait, didn't you just have them all slaughtered? That's kind of weird.


Word verification: unkist -- the end of a very disappointing date

Anonymous said...

a lamb, a farmer, a tomato, a slippery slope, a cubby, a lassie, a big red, a lawyer..... are you dressing as bo peep? Beth

word verification - manwr

ky derby horse abbr.