Saturday, March 14, 2009

Taking a Hike

This morning my sister, who is training to hike the Grand Canyon in May, and A., who is not training for anything but is nonetheless always up for hiking, set off to be all healthy and vigorous and hike in the mountains. I was invited, but decided yesterday that dragging myself up a rocky path in the Arizona sun didn't sound nearly as good as going shoe shopping with my mom. So that's what I'm doing today, because my black sandals are broken right across the sole and I have this feeling the sandal selection in Tucson may be just a tad more expansive than the sandal selection in upstate New York at this particular moment in time. And I'm on vacation, so I don't even feel guilty about punking out.

I love being on vacation.

8 comments:

Roger A. Post said...

I detect Imelda Marcos tendencies working here!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! We want to see pix of the cutie patootie sandals you ended up with.

Anonymous said...

Let me know how A does on the hike. *grin*

Anonymous said...

I love me some great outdoor as much as the next person, but hiking vs. shoe shopping? It's a no brainer. (And I would have been deeply disappointed if you made the other choice.)

Daisy said...

Shoe shopping!! Mother daughter bonding over shoes: always worth the time.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Vacation is NO time to do something like exercise. Bah!

FinnyKnits said...

I think you're right about the selection thing. If you're looking for sandals, AZ is the place to look. Good for you, stupid hiking ;)

Anonymous said...

The bonding thing was what I thought about A. and your sis.......good time for them to get more acquainted with each other.