Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Meanwhile, Back at Blackrock

PUUUUUUPPIES!

I'm told they look less like guinea pigs by the day. Everyone say thank you to the MiL for figuring out how to take and send photos to me to post.

Here in my own private desert paradise it was 65 degrees and sunny yesterday. My sister, brother, niece, and I went for a hike. Well, my niece did not so much hike as dangle from a backpack carrier, seeing as how she's only 9 months old and still in the Frankenstein lurching phase of walking. She did pretty well on the hike. She didn't reach the total meltdown point until about an hour in. Then we pretty much ran back to the car, because hiking with a screaming baby sort of defeats the purpose of relaxing in nature. It was fun anyway, though.

A. arrives tomorrow to begin Phase Four of my trip (Phase 1=New Orleans, Phase 2=Driving, Phase 3=Tucson, Phase 4=Driving around Arizona with A.). Who knows what exciting, madcap adventures we'll have? Stay tuned for Going Country: The Desert Adventures!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so glad you are having a nice vacation! It is about 20 degrees here today, which is a slap in the face after 70 degrees last week. Won't spring ever come?

Loved the photo yesterday of the G&T and the cacti... but today's photo is much snugglier! Thanks, MiL, for the photo!

Hey, remember what I told you I ordered a few days ago? It arrived yesterday! Happy Birthday to me!

IslandGirl said...

I am glad you are having a great time, I must say I am a bit jealous, its currently -30 degrees celcus here ( aka -22 degrees F to you ) and yes it really does get that cold. meh

and the puppies are very cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwh! How cute. . . you're right, they still look like guinea pigs! Glad you are enjoying the sunshine and warm weather.

Susan said...

Thank you, MiL.

Anonymous said...

Oooooh I LOVE the puppies. Thanks to your mother in law for the photo.

Daisy said...

Puppies!! So cute.