Thursday, March 12, 2009

File This Under: Things I Do Not Miss

I love coming to Tucson to visit my family. The sun is always shining, the air is always dry, the gin and tonic flows like water. What does NOT flow, however, is the traffic. Traffic in Tucson is Not Good. The roads weren't built to hold the volume of traffic that has come with the influx of people to the area. In the time is takes me to drive from Blackrock to The Small City, a distance of 25 miles, I can go about 10 miles here. I had forgotten about sitting through three traffic light changes to get through the light. I had forgotten about multiple lanes. I had forgotten about having to be in the correct lane at least a mile before turning, or else there's no way you'll make it to the side of the road you need to be on.

I didn't miss any of this. But that's the price to be paid for 65 degrees and sunny in March.

2 comments:

Roger A. Post said...

I suggest getting out of Tucson, going down to Arivaca and either taking the Ruby Road east back to Nogales or going west to the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge and then looping north back to Tucson.

Julie said...

It's especially fun when it's 115 degrees.