Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back In the High Life Again

I marked a momentous occasion last night: The First Gin and Tonic(s) of 2009.

I don't drink gin and tonic in the winter. It's a summertime and the livin' is easy kind of drink. I have to wait for warm weather to get back to the G&T. Warm weather is slow in coming at Blackrock, but here in Tucson? Feels like gin and tonic weather to me!

So my G&T and I climbed the spiffy spiral staircase to my parents' roof at happy hour yesterday and took in the view.

No, it does NOT get any better than this.

As you can see by my glass, I was a Macho Fighter Pilot last night. And those are saguaro cactus (cacti, really, but that just sounds stupid) back there. Nice view, right?

It was also a very nice gin and tonic. My vacation has officially begun.

12 comments:

Phoo-D said...

Now that is a beautiful sight. G&T or V&T is my go to summer drink. Ah the sunshine and catctus - can such a place exist?

Susan said...

Am desperate for a spiral staircase that leads to my roof. Would then, ostensibly, need to flatten my roof.

Susan said...

Beautiful! So glad you've had some fun. But only one gin and tonic? Come on, Kristin. Fighter pilots can have at least three AND make it back down the spiral staircase!

It's me said...

I'm envious.
And I agree with Susan... surely you didn't stop at one?

Anonymous said...

So I'll see you tomorrow at noon, OK? OK?!

me said...

Gin and tonic is an all year round drink to me, but then I am English so maybe it's my heritage! Have you noticed how the second one never tastes as good as the first?? The only way round this is to have a larger first G and T

Cheers!

Daisy said...

I hope it was Tanqueray or something just as smooth!

Julie said...

Your parents have a great backyard.

Kay said...

not a G&T girl, but I'd join you with a nice rose´. 8° with a windchill of -10° here on the frozen prairie this morning.

Have more great times on your trip. Hoping A makes it there with no troubles.

Barry said...

I'm headed to Tucson later in the month. Cannot wait! Thanks for sharing the photo. I'll be posting a similar one I am sure.

Leslie said...

I really miss the desert! I haven't been back home in over a year! Please enjoy it for me. Give my best to your folks!

FinnyKnits said...

Hello foothills! Hello G&T! Gorgeous. I'll assume there was more than just one of those cocktails, but you don't have to say.

Enjoy your adventures once A comes to town :)