Friday, August 29, 2008

Kristin's Kool Kitchen Tricks--Brownie Edition


I gave in to temptation yesterday and made brownies. Now I have to resist the urge to dive into the pan with a fork. I can hear them calling my name.

Kriiiiistiiiin . . . KRIIIISTIIIN. C'mon, you know you want us.


God give me strength.

Okay, moving on. You know how when you cut nice, moist, fudgy brownies (I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU, BROWNIES), the knife gets all gunked up and shreds the brownies? And then, of course, you have to eat the gobs of brownies that end up all over the place (SHUT UP, BROWNIES) because you couldn't just cut neat squares? It's such a shame when that happens. Allow me to help you with that.

Use a plastic knife.

That's all. It goes through the brownies like buttah. No shredding, just pretty, Martha-Stewart-worthy squares.

And that's the end of the lesson for today, children. I have to go now. I need to find some cotton to stuff in my ears.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry - did you say something? BROOOOOWWWWWNNNNIIIIIIIIEEEEEESSSS.

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

BAAAAAAAAAATTTTSSSSSS!!!!!

So does everyone there at Blackrock hear voices [brownieeeeeeeesssssss] or is it [BROWNIES!] just you?

Allison said...

Brownies are insiduous and can send silent comments to your brain.

Anonymous said...

I can even hear them 1,000 miles away. Them's some pretty loud brownies.

Anonymous said...

And you know what else? After you read the entire post AND all the comments, "brownies" turns into one of those words that you've heard so many times in a row that it loses all meaning and just becomes funny.

Brownies. Hee!

SaraPMcC said...

Another tip for you: Don't cut your brownies into squares. Just cut the whole thing in half and eat with your hands.